Weight gain and hard to shift off due to medication

A place to ask questions about taking this medication for Bipolar Disorder.
sonjapotts

Re: Weight gain and hard to shift off due to medication

#11 Post by sonjapotts » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:09 pm

KittyKate wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:04 pm
sonjapotts wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:03 pm
A ketogenic diet with Intermittent fasting. This is after 3 months
Please elaborate...what is that?
A ketogenic diet is a diet that in the absence of glycogen (sugar and carbohydrates, which convert to sugar), the body burns fat it has in reserves. It's a metabolic fat burning state and you don't have to buy anything you normally wouldn't. You just don't buy carbs (bread, pasta, etc). And then I fast 18 hours daily. I'm really not hungry during that time. A ketogenic diet also eliminates inflammation on ghe cellular level so it has helped push my autoimmune illness into remission. I also have an underactive thyroid, so it's really hard for me to lose (due to being on Lithium in the past, it damaged my Thyroid)

CelesteMaria

#12 Post by CelesteMaria » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 pm

Basically no/little carbs to LOTS of protein ...That's the diet I also follow but I have also had gastric bypass but please believe it's NOT easy but well worth it I also take Lamotrigine and Prozac good luck to you I know it's hard

barbhill

#13 Post by barbhill » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:52 pm

I too had huge weight gain from serequel and now am on lamotrogine. Have managed to lose about half of what I put on. Have also started swimming again. Hoping I can lose what I put on and then some more . Goodluck

Return to “General Questions About Lamictal”