Can I improve my bipolar without professional help?

For the discussion and support of individuals who live with bipolar disorder and mania (or hypomania).
yay.p.98

Can I improve my bipolar without professional help?

#1 Post by yay.p.98 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 pm

I have asked this of professionals and they all said it is possible if someone works very hard at changing their lifestyle to one that is supportive and self caring to improve over time. The problem is that many people discover they have bipolar in a crisis in their lives. There is no time to self care and turn things around when in a crisis. At that time a professional's help is needed to get things stable. Then it is possible to use self care to improve your situation. We all need help sometime in our lives. Why not choose someone that has worked with these types of problems their whole professional career?

danielle

Re: Can I improve my bipolar without professional help?

#2 Post by danielle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Hi,

I think this really has to do with the stage in your life meaning how severe your bipolar disorder is. For example, I think you need medication to help control your symptoms, then you can use some natural ways to cope with bipolar disorder. For example, I've been using mindfulness, positive thinking, and exercise to control my depression. But, I don't know if I would stop seeing my doctor because I have a feeling I might need them one day. Maybe you can cut down your visits if you are doing better. I continue to see mine because she helps me with my medication and I have someone to talk to. I'm yet to hear anyone deal or beat bipolar without any professional help.

Return to “Bipolar Support & More :)”