I Feel Like I Can't Do Anything Right

For the discussion and support of individuals who live with bipolar disorder and mania (or hypomania).
mammu

I Feel Like I Can't Do Anything Right

Post by mammu » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:22 pm

For the longest time, I’ve been feeling like I can’t do anything right. When I say anything, I mean almost all aspects of my life seem hard to do right. I can't drive right and communicate effectively with others. Many days, I feel like I can’t think straight and wonder why my family and friends put up with me. I’m posting this hoping I can find some support and know if anyone else feels the same way. Any tips to help me feel more confident?

Mamasawyer

Re: I Feel Like I Can't Do Anything Right

Post by Mamasawyer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Hey love! For starters you are not alone! I myself have gone through these thoughts, and have heard many others go through the motions. When I first started getting these overwhelming feelings that I just wasn't good enough or I couldn't do anything right. I would sit and make a list of everything I was good at. Whether it be when I was a kid or right in the now. And it started helping. Every morning. I would think to myself 3 things I have to live for. 1. My two daughters 2. My husband 3. My life. My oldest saved my life. And my youngest helped me become a better mother. My husband is my support, my shoulder, my journal. He helped me get to this new chapter in my life. And my life is something I value everyday now. And I look back on the bad and it motivates me to do better.

Music. Music music music! In my opinion music is the answer to all. If I'm having an off day I turn up Me To by Meagan Trainor and I dance and sing. And it truely helps.

In life. We have these moments where we feel like we will never come up this. But I am proof that you can make it through and keep holding on. Not to boast but I had gone through what you are feeling. And I found something inside me one day and everything changed.

Your friends and family are your biggest support. Have you had a sit down and talk to them about how you feel? Because I'm sure if they know how you feel they can help you through this. Always be open and honest with your feelings. Be verbal with how you feel. Others will understand more if you do. And don't be ashamed of how you feel and what you say because it needs to be said and it's normal to feel like that. Just remember you can do anything, and remind yourself that on a daily basis. Because it's true!
Have you tried writing? On the computer? Even a text? Even if it's the littlest thing bothering you. Write it down write the time and the day. Once our done close it and move forward. When you can think straight and you don't want to talk to anyone. Write it down. That's what I do 😊 Maybe you can try it!

Remember you're not alone!

Shelley

Post by Shelley » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm

You may feel you are doing a lot of things wrongs, but I assure you you are loved by your family and friends.
Perhaps tell them you are struggling massively with your self esteem and ask them to list positive things about you. Write these down and keep them somewhere to have onhand..
Perhaps you should consider talking to your doctor. Write these feelings you are having down in a list and read them out to your doctor.
With bipolar our brain chemistry can lie to us in the way we perceive ourselves. Big time!!!!! Especially when it comes to self esteem!!!!
From thinking were going to change the world when manic , to feeling totally worthless when low.
Take care.
Shelley
I was diagnosed with bipolar in 1998.
I live in the UK.
I love collecting teddy bears and writing stories about them.

bipolardigest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by bipolardigest » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:20 pm

Mamasawyer wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:40 pm
Hey love! For starters you are not alone! I myself have gone through these thoughts, and have heard many others go through the motions. When I first started getting these overwhelming feelings that I just wasn't good enough or I couldn't do anything right. I would sit and make a list of everything I was good at. Whether it be when I was a kid or right in the now. And it started helping. Every morning. I would think to myself 3 things I have to live for. 1. My two daughters 2. My husband 3. My life. My oldest saved my life. And my youngest helped me become a better mother. My husband is my support, my shoulder, my journal. He helped me get to this new chapter in my life. And my life is something I value everyday now. And I look back on the bad and it motivates me to do better.

Music. Music music music! In my opinion music is the answer to all. If I'm having an off day I turn up Me To by Meagan Trainor and I dance and sing. And it truely helps.

In life. We have these moments where we feel like we will never come up this. But I am proof that you can make it through and keep holding on. Not to boast but I had gone through what you are feeling. And I found something inside me one day and everything changed.

Your friends and family are your biggest support. Have you had a sit down and talk to them about how you feel? Because I'm sure if they know how you feel they can help you through this. Always be open and honest with your feelings. Be verbal with how you feel. Others will understand more if you do. And don't be ashamed of how you feel and what you say because it needs to be said and it's normal to feel like that. Just remember you can do anything, and remind yourself that on a daily basis. Because it's true!
Have you tried writing? On the computer? Even a text? Even if it's the littlest thing bothering you. Write it down write the time and the day. Once our done close it and move forward. When you can think straight and you don't want to talk to anyone. Write it down. That's what I do 😊 Maybe you can try it!

Remember you're not alone!
Awesome answer. I never thought about writing 3 things which you can live for daily and how it can help. I'll try this. I agree that your family and friends will be your biggest support. :)

Championiz 

Post by Championiz  » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Shelley wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:14 pm
You may feel you are doing a lot of things wrongs, but I assure you you are loved by your family and friends.
Perhaps tell them you are struggling massively with your self esteem and ask them to list positive things about you. Write these down and keep them somewhere to have onhand..
Perhaps you should consider talking to your doctor. Write these feelings you are having down in a list and read them out to your doctor.
With bipolar our brain chemistry can lie to us in the way we perceive ourselves. Big time!!!!! Especially when it comes to self esteem!!!!
From thinking were going to change the world when manic , to feeling totally worthless when low.
Take care.
Hey, never thought of this. I have a group of 2-3 close friends that I know I can count on. Even thought, I'm beginning to feel better over the years, it's always good to have a list to look at whenever I feel down.

tedybear

Post by tedybear » Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 pm

I know the feeling because I went through it for so many years. No matter what I was doing, I felt nothing was getting done right and this stopped me from staying motivated to do things. However, what helps is knowing that your going to have some good days and some bad. Also, your going to be able to do some things and others won't be so easy. No one is perfect at everything and this is important to keep in your mind. But, knowing that you are trying to perfect what your doing should be good enough to keep you happy. What you should do the next time you feel you aren't doing things right is to force yourself to keep pushing forward trying to get better at it. This way you didn't give up and it's motivating to know you are still trying. I'm sure soon you'll be happy about how far you've come. :)

Shadowwolf

Post by Shadowwolf » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:21 am

I find writing in a journal helps sometimes, ive been writing in a journal since I was 15, I could have a 500 page book by now. I have trouble saying how I feel most times, I was thinking of letting my doctor read it, but then I think, if I do let him read my journal, would I be locked up for what it says?

Mamasawyer

Post by Mamasawyer » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:33 pm

See I am the same way. I could sit with a pen and paper and write for days. How I feel what's going on everything inside my head. I use word on my phone to write. And don't think the doctor will lock you up. You are being honest. I see mental health and I read her my story that I had shared in the forum. And she looked at me eyes wide like holy cow. That's intense. It helps them understand you better!

bipolardigest
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by bipolardigest » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:17 pm

Shadowwolf wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:21 am
I find writing in a journal helps sometimes, ive been writing in a journal since I was 15, I could have a 500 page book by now. I have trouble saying how I feel most times, I was thinking of letting my doctor read it, but then I think, if I do let him read my journal, would I be locked up for what it says?
Journal is a great way for you to express your thoughts. I've also found writing in my journal allows me to have a reality check and know how I'm actually doing things right and thinking I'm not is all in my mind. Writing a journal is viewing yourself from the outside so you see yourself and know how many of your thoughts are truly in your mind...that's all. Your doctor cannot lock you up if you should them your journal. First, there is huge confidentiality between you both. Secondly, maybe letting them read it will help further your diagnosis or help them understand you better. I think if they had a chance to read your journal they might be able to provide more insight into the way your feeling....what do you think?

Return to “Bipolar Support & More :)”