Only drug that has chased away my suicidal ideations

Please tell others about your experienced with Wellbutrin XR (side effects, dosage, age, gender).
micorly

Only drug that has chased away my suicidal ideations

#1 Post by micorly » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:57 pm

I've been on this medication for 10 months taking 150mg 2 times daily. I've had a lot of side effects after starting this medication. I lost 15lbs within 2 months, restlessness, insomnia, numbness, lack of thirst, violent thoughts, and other less ones. But, this is the only medication which has chased away my suicidal ideations. The only thing is if I take my dose after 8pm, I'll have a hard time sleeping so I've had to be careful by keeping an eye on the timing. I think the medication is still trying to adjust because some side effects have disappeared while others like anger spikes have started to appear after 10 months of taking Wellbutrin XL. I get annoyed very easily nowadays so am trying to work at that. I've also started to have more social anxiety, but with this it's a hit or miss because some days I'm fine. Here's the thing,

The main reason I started taking this medication was for the depression and then suicidal thoughts I was having. Wellbutrin XL has helped me control these thoughts so far. I would say it's helped me and I'm hoping going forward more of the side effects will level out and disappear.

Return to “Side Effects, Ratings, and Patient Comments”